Consumers and C-level executives are putting more stress on marketing teams. They are continuously pushed to create individualized customer experiences, stay up to consumer demands, and demonstrate measurable marketing ROI. Keeping up with the state of the market and the priorities that are necessary for success may be difficult for marketing teams. Because of this, tracking digital marketing analytics is crucial. You can strengthen your plan for the future by being familiar with the current status of the market and statistics on Digital Marketing.
What is Digital Marketing?
Any marketing endeavor that uses online media channels and linked devices to provide a more seamless consumer experience is a form of digital marketing. In most cases, this entails utilizing technology like mobile phones, desktop computers, and the Internet of Things (IoT) to spread a consistent message across numerous touchpoints. Digital marketing helps to grow many websites and enhance a lot. Marketing is used as a tool for website growth.
Today’s marketers must prioritize digital marketing since consumers are spending more time than ever on online platforms. The way marketers use client data obtained from these channels has also changed as a result of technological improvements, enabling them to generate more detailed insights and provide more specialized experiences.
Updated Statistics on Digital Marketing
Coming to the most interesting part of the article, we would like to introduce you to 100+ statistics on Digital Marketing that will be highly helpful to you when setting your company’s future growth plan and promotional strategies.
1. Content Marketing Strategy
What you need to know about content marketing strategy is as follows:
- In 2022, video was the most popular type of material being produced, followed by blogs and photos. 2022 (HubSpot)
- In 2023, 46% of companies want to spend more on creating inbound marketing content. In 2022, the Content Marketing Institute
- Only 3% of marketers publish content on a regular basis. 2022 GrowthBar
- Even if it means posting less frequently, 83% of marketers believe it is better.
- to concentrate on content quality rather than quantity. 2022 (Hubspot)
- Compared to postings without videos, blog posts with videos receive 157% higher search traffic. (2021, Wyzowl)
- UGC Creator-based ads get 4x higher click-through rates and a 50% drop in cost-per-click than average.
2. Organic Results
- 85.4 percent of internet users conduct at least one monthly search for information.
- On average, Google handles around 40,000 search inquiries each second. Every day, there are more than 3.5 billion searches!
- A little under 92 percent of the market for search engines is owned by Google. Bing (2.75 percent) and Baidu (1.9 percent) are the next-largest international search engines.
- Mobile devices account for more than 60% of Google searches.
- The amount of traffic to DuckDuckGo, a search engine that prioritizes anonymity, increased by 107% between October 2019 and October 2021.
- Every month, 12 billion searches are processed by Bing.
- Over $100,000 is the average household income of 38% of Bing users in the US.
3. Statistics for Email Marketing
Emails are extremely important for business and company success in this digital age. In order to improve product awareness, high conversion rates, and purchase rates, you need to use email marketing should be used. A wonderful online community is often created by effective email marketing campaigns, and this community may be your first priority when introducing new products, deals, and other promotions.
- Markets may anticipate a return of about $36 for every $1 invested in email marketing. The typical campaign email has fewer than 500 words (Litmus, 2022). (2022, Awer)
- The emails sent when a client adds an item to their basket and emails sent to abandoned carts had the greatest conversion rates, at 18.54% and 24.58%, respectively. 2022 (Barlliance)
- The week’s highest average open rate on Monday is 22%. (2022 Campaign Monitor)
- A weekly relevant email newsletter will have a 33% greater open rate than one that is delivered twice or more. (2022, GetResponse)
- 42.3% of people who sign up for email lists do so to obtain special offers. (2022; OptionMonster)
4. Statistics about Social Media Marketing
You should keep the following social media statistics in mind when it comes to social media marketing:
- Customers want companies to produce their own content rather than handing it off to them, according to 84% of customers. 2022’s Smallbizgenius
- 71% of Gen Z users prefer to use social media to find new items. 2022 (Hubspot)
- Facebook’s growth rate was 6.5%, while Instagram’s ad reach increased by 20.5% year over year. (2022; Hootsuite)
- Three to four times a week is the standard posting frequency for social media marketers. 2022 (Hubspot)
- 71% of customers who have had a good experience with a business on social media are inclined to tell their friends and family about it. 2022 (LYFE Marketing)
- Weekly purchases on Instagram account for 44% of users, 28% of which are scheduled purchases. (2021; Instagram)
- Consumers on Pinterest spend twice as much monthly and have shopping carts that are 85% larger than those of consumers on other sites. (2021 on Pinterest).
- Statistics show, 68% of the audience today prefers to watch short-form video content as it is not time-consuming. So, brands can embed TikTok video, Instagram reels, and YouTube shorts on their website.
- Blogging is still relevant for more than 50% of marketers, who rank it as one of their top content marketing techniques.
- Businesses with blogs often see a 55% increase in traffic to their primary websites.
- More than 57% of all companies with blogs have at least one consumer as a result of their blog.
- More than 68% of consumers say it’s simple to trust a company or website that has a blog.
- 53% of digital marketers think this is the greatest inbound marketing technique.
- Over time, one blog article in ten sees a rise in organic traffic.
- Compounding blog posts may bring in 10% more money and 38% more visitors.
- Companies that publish 16+ blogs per month receive 3.5 times more traffic than those that only publish 0–4 articles per month.
- Stats on Blog Post Traffic
- Companies in the B2B sector that publish 11+ articles monthly make three times as much as those that only blog once a month.
- B2C businesses that publish 11+ articles per month make four times as much as those who publish 4-5 blogs each month.
- Old posts are a great resource since they generate 75% of HubSpot’s views and 90% of its leads.
6. Podcasting Information
Podcasts are the newest participant in the game.
- 51% of individuals who listen to podcasts for five or more hours a week claim to be more attentive to podcast advertisements compared to those in other forms of media. 2022 Edison Research
- 38% of podcast listeners have made a purchase after hearing about it on a show. (2022 Buzzsprout)
- Over $250,000 is the annual household income of 45% of podcast listeners. (2021 Forbes)
- Only 3% of total ad spending goes via podcast advertising, compared to 20% for video, 16% for social media, 14% for display, and 13% for search. (2021 Media Post)
- After hearing an advertisement on a podcast, 56% of listeners say they would promote the product or service to others.
- According to 64% of podcast listeners, they embrace and value podcast advertising and are appreciative of the companies that sponsor their favorite programs. 2022 Edison Research
7. Mobile Lookup
- 92.3 percent of smartphone owners conduct online searches on their devices.
- According to research, mobile devices accounted for 70% of US-sponsored search impressions and clicks.
- 70% of smartphone owners use their devices to do more research before making an in-store purchase.
8. Online Purchasing
- 36 percent and 49 percent of product searches, respectively, start on Google and Amazon.
- 85.3 percent of all clicks and 76% of the money spent on retail search advertisements come from Google Shopping ads.
9. Regional SEO
- If they can view the inventory online, internet customers are 80% more likely to visit a physical store.
- 76% of mobile users who look for a store on Google Maps visit one nearby within a week, and 88 percent do so.
- A purchase results from 28% of “nearby” or “near me” searches.
10. Voice Search
- Voice search is now something that 72% of individuals who own voice-activated speakers (like Alexa or Google Home) do often.
- The percentage of people using mobile voice search is 27% worldwide.
- By 2022, voice search is predicted to be used by at least 50% of customers, according to experts.
11. Statistics on Customer Experience
- After just two bad customer encounters, 76% of individuals will cease doing business with a firm. 2022’s Venture Beat
- When choosing what to buy, 83% of buyers consider the quality of the customer service. Khoros in 2021
- 40% of visitors to a brand’s mobile marketing website who had a bad experience will visit its rival. (2022, Outer Box Design)
- Beginning in 2022, 79% of consumers said they were interested in subscription services and auto-replenishment programs for their regular purchases. In 2022, Wicked Reports
- Only 51% of shops provide same-day delivery, despite the fact that 61% of customers are ready to pay extra to have their purchases delivered that day. (2022; Your Digital Resource)
- 67% of American consumers will have used curbside pickup or “buy online, pickup in store” as of 2022. 10% of all sales are anticipated to be fulfilled in this fashion by 2025. 2022 (Invesp.)
- 87% of customers reduce their spending or completely give up on businesses with poor customer service. (2022, The Future of Commerce)
- While 79% of consumers demand free delivery on returns, 92% of consumers say they would be likely to make another purchase from websites that make returns simple. 2022 (Invesp.)
Concluding on 100+ Statistics on Digital Marketing
The role of Digital Marketing is increasingly rising. So, tracking the trends and news about various branches of Digital Marketing is beneficial for your business in terms of the updated growth plan and marketing campaigns.
Hopefully, the 100+ statistics on Digital Marketing mentioned in this article will guide you to improve your company’s marketing strategies and reach the desired outcomes.